<Next version of Ox
<Previous version of Ox
Ox 3.10: new features and fixes
New features and enhancements
- Updated Basic examples to Visual Basic 6. Updated
ox/dev/OxWin.bas, and created ox/dev/OxGiveWin.bas for link to GiveWin.
- checked Borland version of threes.c.
- Updated OxPack documentation in Appendix
- Updated exported function list in Appendix.
- Put the Imhof code in ox/lib/probimhof.ox
- Online help: added all the examples of the standard function library.
- Added "%lwr" to print only lower diagonal. For example:
- added isdotmissing/ismissing (test for NaN or infinity).
- Added ADJ_LEGEND for DrawAdjust.
- Improved number of columns per line when using "%cf" print format.
Problems in version 3.00 which have been fixed in version 3.10:
- Online help: GetDbName/SetDbName should be in Modelbase
- Improved timer function under Linux.
- Matrix multiplication is slow:
some left-in debugging code resulted in the multiplication
done twice (once slowly, once quickly, so slow overall!). This
would be noticeable when working with large matrices.
- Fixed problem with the contour plots in DrawXYZ.
- SolveQP with bounds only didn't work; didn't
always handle bounds correctly.
(NB. this SolveQP is very slow on larger problems. A new
version is under development.)
- Docs: default for dMin argument of DrawHistogram is 1, not 0.
- OxGauss: gradp returned result transposed.
- Reading version 2.1 .xls files: integers beween
32000 and 64000 are read as negative numbers (not a problem
for version 3 or more recent Excel files; note that Ox
never saves an .xls file with integers).
- Saving as in7 file: didn't check for spaces (could
be problem, e.g., when loading from .xls, and then saving).
The .in7 file with spaces in variable names would not load
properly, suggesting a corrupted file. However, the data (.bn7 file)
was intact, and the .in7 file (which is a text file), can
be easily fixed.
Ox version 3.10.
This file last changed .